Image Map

Monday, February 13, 2012

My Breakfast Club

In my classroom I have a special club for those students who are responsible with getting their homework done and being to school on time. It's called the Breakfast Club. If a student completes his/her homework AND is not late for school for the whole month, then they earn a spot in the Breakfast Club. On the chosen day, I bring breakfast for these kids to enjoy before school starts. Breakfast can be pancakes, muffins or donuts with milk or juice. The kids are so excited to make it to the Breakfast Club and I'm so proud of the kids who work hard to achieve this reward.

This is the certificate that the kids receive.
(This is my son's. As you can see, he took good care of it when he shoved it into his backpack! haha!)

This card is attached to the certificate so that the parents know when the Breakfast Club will be held. (Yes, the picture is deceiving! I don't go "hog wild" and make eggs, bacon, and toast.)

I've been doing this for 13 years and have had nothing but positive and encouraging words from parents about doing this for their kids. It's one of the ways I like to make school fun for the kids and myself. :)

2 comments:

LinkWithin