Image Map

Sunday, February 5, 2012

100th Day Fun and Craziness

Friday was our 100th day of school. It was a crazy, hectic and fun day for us! All week the kids were so excited in anticipation for the BIG day. It's been 7 years since I've celebrated the 100th day, so I wanted to have fun too! I spent Thursday afternoon and evening decorating and getting things ready for Friday.

This is what the kids saw outside our classroom door.

The colorful streamers got lots of "oohs" and "ahhs" from the kids.

I had 100 balloons spread out throughout the classroom. Inside each balloon was an activity or question related to the 100th day. I popped a balloon and then, as a class, we did whatever the paper said. (ex: count by 10s to 100; 90 + 10 = ?; would you rather eat 100 m&m's or 100 watermelons?)

Here's a view of the front of the classroom.

Another view of the side and front of the room.

This is the 100 chart I had on the board. Each time we did one of the activities from the balloon, I colored in a square on the chart.

Here's how it looked towards the end of the day. (We completed 81 of the 100 activities. I have a tendency to "go BIG" a lot. haha!!)

I took everyone's picture outside our door by this sign. That's my son. :)

We had a 100 breakfast. Like I told my friends, there's no such thing as "too much sugar" on the 100th day of school!

We made crazy hats and put together puzzles that I made from copies of a 100 chart.

This was our snack mat that we used to count out all of the food for our 100 snack.

Here's a picture of some of the kids making their 100 snack. This was THE MOST anticipated activity of the day. I think it's because I asked the whole class for donations to make the snack. The kids wanted to make sure that we had plenty of time to use what they brought in. haha! Our principal even came in to help with the 100 snack and see all the fun we were having on our special day.

We had a blast even though we didn't get through all 100 activities. The kids left at the end of the day with huge smiles on their faces and couldn't wait to tell their parents what we did. I was exhausted to say the least but it was all worth it!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! I bet your kids had an amazing day! I need to remember your fun activities for next year!

    Quench Your First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you left a comment on my blog, because now I found you and can follow.
    Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! I love the 100th day. We aren't allowed to have sweets in our district :o( I loved the 100 with the chocolate. I would be all over that one! LOL
    Cute idea with the balloons! You have lots of fun in your class. Your kiddos are lucky to have you. Have a great day! ~ Vicky
    http:traditionslaughterandhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin