Image Map

Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break already?!?


Did Spring Break start today and nobody told me??? I checked my calendar and my Spring Break officially begins Thursday at 2:30 p.m. When I picked up my class this morning from the playground, I was surprised to see just a few kids. I thought they still must be coming off the playground...so I waited. A few minutes later, only 19 kids in line, out of a total of 32. Too good to be true right? A few latecomers came and I was up to 24 and that's where it stayed...for the rest of the day. It was amazing what I could do with that small group. The noise level was at an all time low. We got so much done. Gosh, how I miss 20 - 1! But, I do have to say, all my naughties were there on time, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. They must have THE BEST immune systems in the universe to have not missed ONE. SINGLE. DAY. YET. 

I'm looking forward to this week to be over so I can enjoy some time off from the crazy days of school. I'm out of the classroom tomorrow for my 4th day of Common Core training. I've gotten pulled out of my classroom once a week for the past month to take part in it. It's been a mixed blessing. I have had a student teacher since the end of January, who will be with me until the end of the school year. So I am planning and preparing for her 2 week take over which will happen right after Spring Break. I'm trying to plan what I will do with myself when I am out the classroom for those 2 weeks. I'm the type of girl who makes HUGE plans and has great expectations of all the millions of things I will get accomplished...but then about 3 things actually get done. Haha! We'll see! I'll let you know what actually happens. :)

For all of you on Spring Break, keep enjoying it! And leave some FUN left for me!! Only 3 more days! Woohoo!


4 comments:

  1. I can imagine how 24 kids must have felt. You seriously have 32? Yikes!

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 32!! 24 must have been a dream come true! The kids must have loved it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 24 WAS a dream! I had been at 33 all year until 2 weeks ago.

    Marissa
    WILD About First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very delighted hearing you only had 24 out of 32. That must have been great. Imagining 32 students is really stressful and tiring, don’t you think? Especially if the majorities are boys. Whew! You really need a lot of patience and energy for that. Anyway, I’m glad that you’re on to spring break already! Enjoy and keep on smiling!

    My Webblog: http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin