I've loved reading other teachers Top 10 Lists of heading back to school and thought I'd share something I found. This is from the current First for Women magazine and it's from the parent's perspective of kids going back to school.
7 signs you can't wait until school starts:
1. You heard someone singing "The Wheels on the Bus" and blurted out, "Hallelujah!"
2. The kids' lunches have been packed for two weeks.
3. Your 6-year-old has already outgrown the new shoes you bought him for his first day.
4. You called your child's future teacher at her beach house to schedule a parent-teacher
5. For family game night, all you'll agree to play is Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
6. During dinner you make your kids raise their hand before speaking.
7. The cashier at Staples knows you by first, last and middle name.